The implementation of aragocrete reefs gives the advantage of being able to design the structural characteristics that best suit the proposed environmental, social and economic interests of a project.
The use of this type of artificial substrate for the growth of marine organisms is a real option to minimize the anthropogenic negative impact in natural reef systems.
Artificial and 100% sustainable.
- The aragocrete manufactured at Reef Aquaculture Conservancy is made with 100% sustainable calcium carbonate sources
- Prevents damage to the marine environment and contributes to the conservation of natural reef systems
Durable, resistant and porous.
- The durability of more than 30 years
- Resistance of 250 kg / cm2
- High porosity that favours the fixation of beneficial microorganisms
Versatile and aesthetic
- The versatility of the material allows it to adapt for all types of space, size, shape and colour
- The aesthetically crafted material provides a natural rock appearance
The multidimensional substrate with a high content of calcium carbonate (CaCO3).
- Due to its natural shape, it creates multidimensional environments that provide refuges to benthic organisms
- The high content of calcium carbonate makes it an excellent substrate for the fixation of coral and coralline algae
- In addition to acting as a pH stabilizer in acidified water conditions